We offer the following gynecological surgery procedures:
- D&C (Dilatation and Curettage) - Dilation involves widening the opening of the lower part of the uterus (the cervix) to allow insertion of an instrument.
- Curettage involves scraping the lining and removing uterine contents with a long, spoon-shaped instrument (a curette). The doctor may also use a cannula to suction any remaining contents from the uterus. This can cause some cramping. The tissue sample goes to a lab for examination. D & C is done in an operating room.
- Endometrial Ablation: This minimally invasive surgery uses electrical energy, heat, and freezing to destroy the endometrium, or uterine lining. It can minimize or stop heavy bleeding. Success rates of endometrial ablation vary depending on the specific procedure used and the patient, but success rates for the following three to five years are generally quite high (up to 80 to 90 percent).
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Ovarian Cystectomy
- Pelvic Relaxation Surgery – Anterior and Posterior Repair
- Robotic Surgery: This procedure is performed using the da Vinci Surgical System, a breakthrough surgical platform which enables gynecologists to operate with unmatched precision, dexterity and control. By overcoming the limitations of both traditional open and laparoscopic surgery, da Vinci is revolutionizing gynecologic surgery for women.
- Tubal Ligation
- Tubal Re-Anastomosis (After Tubal Ligation)