- River Oaks: 601-933-5533
- Woman’s: 601-933-6492
- Baptist: 601-968-1400
- Surgicare: 601-362-8700
You are responsible for pre-admitting at the hospital prior to the day of surgery. This will need to be no more than 14 days prior to your surgery so that the pre-op labs/tests will not expire before surgery. Be sure and have your insurance card with you, so that you are able to complete your preadmission information as well.
- You are responsible for making sure the hospital is in network with your insurance company!
- The hospital may require payment of your deductible prior to surgery.
- Southern Women’s Health requires payment of your co-insurance/co-pay amount prior to surgery.
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before your surgery
- No water, No gum, nothing by mouth!
- *If you are scheduled for a major surgery, you will need to prepare with (2 bottles) Magnesium Citrate starting mid-day to afternoon time the day prior to surgery. It is available at any pharmacy, without a prescription. (After the bowel prep has been done, it is best to consume clear liquids, jello, broth/soup (etc) for dinner so that you do not reverse the effects of the bowel prep.)
- Please wear loose fitting clothing that is easy to put on and take off. No jewelry.
- Do not come by yourself. Someone must be with you to drive you home.
- If the patient is a minor, a legal guardian must be present to sign operative consents prior to surgery.
- Do not smoke for ten days before or after surgery!! (Smoking depletes the oxygen in your blood!)
- Do not take any aspirin products for 10 days prior surgery.
- Wash your abdomen with Hibiclens at least once a day, for three days prior to surgery. Hibiclens can be purchased at any pharmacy and a prescription is not needed. (Hibiclens ® is an antiseptic antimicrobial skin cleanser possessing bactericidal properties. Hibiclens contains 4% w/v chlorhexidine gluconate, a chemically unique cationic bisbiguanide with inactive ingredients: Fragrance, isopropyl alcohol 4%, purified water, Red 40, and other ingredients, in a mild, sudsing base adjusted to pH 5.0-6.5 for optimal activity and stability as well as compatibility with the normal pH of the skin.)
If you have any questions regarding your upcoming surgery, please do not hesitate to contact our office. If you need to cancel or reschedule your surgery, please notify us as soon as possible due to the heavy surgery volume.
Aspirin and Aspirin products:
(Do not take any of these medications for 10 days prior to surgery.)
- ALKA SELTZER
- B.C. POWDER
- DIET PILLS
- EXCEDRIN FOUR-WAY COLD TABLETS
- GINKO BILOBA
- GOODIES POWDER
- HERBAL MEDICINES
- ST. JOHN’S WORT
- VITAMIN E & C
ALL Tylenol products are fine to take within the days prior to surgery.
Please contact the office if you have any questions regarding any of the information on this page.